Carbon Monoxide Poisoning is a deadly, silent killer. It can cause brain damage and life-long effects. Landlords have an obligation to provide a safe living and working environment.
by Jeffery Robinette
Carbon Monoxide: the Silent Killer
Often called "the silent killer," Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible and odorless gas that is produced when burning any fuel, such as gasoline, propane, natural gas, oil, wood, and charcoal. Carbon monoxide causes illness by decreasing the amount of oxygen present in a person's body.
CO poisoning can often be mistaken for other illnesses, such as the flu. The most common symptoms include headache, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, and confusion. A sleeping or intoxicated person may not experience symptoms before they lose consciousness or die. Often, other people in the place of business or household will exhibit similar symptoms.
In addition to death, carbon monoxide can cause severe learning disability, memory loss, and personality changes. Young children are especially vulnerable to the effects of carbon monoxide and may show symptoms sooner than a healthy adult. Because of their smaller bodies, children process CO differently than adults and may be more severely affected by it.
The well-established effects of carbon monoxide poisoning - memory loss, confusion, mood swings - can make day to day functioning difficult for survivors. But, others are affected, too. The survivor's difficulties translate into changes in work performance, management of finances, and ultimately strained family and work relationships. Getting help and treatment for ongoing health issues can be confusing, frustrating, and time-consuming for everyone involved.
Attorney Jeffery Robinette:
For more information about carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms, long and short term effects, diagnosis, treatment, and recovery - visit http://www.carbon-monoxide-survivor.com/
Keywords: carbon monoxide poisoning, wrongful death, toxic exposure, attorney, law firm, lawyer, Robinette Legal Group, Jeff Robinette