Prominent Morgantown Birth Injuries Lawyer
When a pregnant woman begins a relationship with her doctor, she has the right to expect a high quality of prenatal care for herself and her baby. This relationship extends to the delivery room, room and post-natal care. Unfortunately, there are many steps along the way that can go terribly wrong if any one of her health care providers is negligent; often leading to serious injuries to the mother or baby.
Free Consultation · No Attorneys Fees Unless You Win · Statewide Practice
If you or your baby suffered a serious injury because of medical negligence during your pregnancy or delivery, you have the right to seek compensation from the doctor, hospital or insurance provider responsible for covering the negligence claim. The Robinette Legal Group offers experienced, knowledgeable personal injury representation for families that have suffered the terrible realities of a birth injury.
Contact us for a cost-free consultation about your circumstances. We will give your can an honest evaluation and clearly explain your options. Our medical malpractice attorneys offer decades of experience in all areas of personal injury.
We have the resources and experience to handle the most complex types of birth injury claims, including:
- Cerebral palsy: Resulting from trauma to the brain, often because of a lack of oxygen during the birth process. Symptoms include the loss of muscular control and nerve functions.
- Erb's palsy: Often referred to as brachial plexus injury. Results when the baby's nerves in the shoulder and neck area are stretched during delivery. Symptoms include a weakness in the arm.
- Facial paralysis: Often results when forceps apply pressure to the baby's face during delivery.
- Shoulder Dystocia: Results when the baby's shoulders fail to deliver immediately after the head. It can result in a cutoff of oxygen to the brain if the umbilical cord tangles or compresses in the birth canal.
- C-section surgical errors : A cesarean section delivery is a surgical procedure. With any surgical procedure, you rely on your doctor and hospital staff to ensure that errors are not made, including medication errors and infections are controlled.
The West Virginia Birth Injury Attorney You Can Rely On
From our offices in Morgantown, we represent clients who have suffered the devastating effects of a birth injury to the mother or baby. Contact us to talk to an attorney at the Robinette Legal Group today.